Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge

Bake-r
The theme this week is BAKE.
Leave it to Lisa of The Wright Stuff to give us a challenge
that really makes you think. The first thought
I had was to paint a luscious pie or some other sweet treat.
Which I was perfectly excited to do until I realized
that I have no idea how to transfer all that
scrumptiousness onto paper. Hmmm.

Something a little easier to draw
is the Baker instead of the Baked Goods.
I had fun painting my little Baker Girl.
To me she looks quite serious about her confections
which, I hope, means they are quite yummy.

Since this is another journal entry,
I had a blank page to fill beside the baker.
So here is a sentiment that caught my attention
right away. Someday soon I hope to put this into practice:
Stop by Inspiration Avenue on Sunday afternoon
to see what others have cooked up for the theme "Bake"!

Ta Ta! I'm off to have a slice of the apple pie I baked last night...
Signature

11 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie- I LOVE your little baker girl- she is beautiful! I can see her as a card that would be SO popular- you should put her in Etsy (I'm just sayin...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo love this and your 'sentiment' is one I would subscribe to, any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute she is, with her yummy cake! Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is adorable.
    Especially love the sentiment.
    I agree it would make a cute card.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is my first smile of the day!!!
    wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! :) Love the way she's carrying the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Maggie, even the colours you've choosen are sweet and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She LOOKS every bit a baker!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!